Saturday, August 23, 2008

Too much to tell

Well, that was quite a blogging break. I am so filled with gratitude for this past month and there is really no way to write about all the events that have transpired, in fact that thought is very overwhelming, but I will give a quick update on some of the highlights. First my Sister, her family and my Mom came to visit for 2 weeks. There is just no way to describe how great this was. We laughed and cried and I will cherish the memories from that time forever. I just loved seeing my girls play with their cousins, get love from their aunt, and sit and listen to their grandma's stories. What a treat.

Of course we had to go to Pop's......once or twice!!

The girls spent one whole day playing outside in the rain making mud pies!

My girls will never forget this special time with their grandma.

Sophie, Is she scrumptious or what?



Chloe had a big "Back to School" party. They had a fashion show with dresses made from napkins, played tons of games and Chloe pranked them with her "Helga" spoof that was so funny Chris and I had to join in and we laughed and laughed. It is so nice to have a basement so that the party could happen and Chris and I could sleep soundly. I think they went to sleep at about 4am and we didn't hear any of it!!

Last but not least, the girls all went back to school this week. They are all so happy and love their teachers. Olivia started middle school and I have never seen a girl love school so much. Being the social butterfly that she is she is really in her element. Ava started pre K. She goes for 2 hours a day and she LOVES it. Elle is always happy and making so many new friends. Chloe is just happy to be back into the swing of things.

8 comments:

Jennie said...

Gale,
It's so good to 'see' you back! I'm glad you had a good visit with your Mom and sister. Your sister looks so much like you- just with darker hair. Now I want to see pictures of your gorgeous new house.

leslie s said...

Gale,
Thank you so much for everything!! We will also cherish the time with you, your family and mom. The girls still talk about it and say things like wouldn't it be fun to move to OKL. so we could always play with our cousins!! We love and Miss you all SOOO much!

Jen said...

I'm glad your back. I can see why you were MIA for so long!

Jen said...

I'm glad your back. I can see why you were MIA for so long!

okbushmans said...

What a fun month for you! All the pictures are so sweet of the cousins and their grandma. But we're glad to have you back!

Julie said...

I'm glad your "back" and blogging again. :)

I'm so glad that you had a great visit with your mom and sister. The pictures look like everyone had such a great time! I know you will treasure those memories. :)

amy said...

Your family is so beautiful, seriously!

Unknown said...

Gale,
It has been FOREVER! I am glad you are moved in and things are getting back to normal. What a treat to have your Mom and Les for a stay. My folks come next week...We have lots to catch up on!
Love ya!