Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer fun!

Summer is in full swing and boy is it ever crazy around here. The house seems to always be noisy and full of laughter and mayhem. We have had tons of fun at the pool, many friends over, and the the girls have been doing lots of fishing and frog and turtle catching. We love all the animals that reside here. A few days ago Chris and I were on our walk and within the hour we saw 2 baby snakes, 12 bunnies, 1 tarantula, a field mouse, a hawk looking for the field mouse and we saved a baby turtle. It was very eventful. It would be very hard to leave this house if the new house didn't have a pond behind it also. That was one of our main stipulations, a pond, because that is where the girls love to spend a lot of their time.

Here are the girls and some friends fishing in the back yard. Chloe is fearless when it comes to the gross stuff like holding fish (see below) and catching frogs etc. she is usually covered in mud past her waist as she goes in for the hunt. All animals are released after the girls take pictures and gloat about their catch.

The holding tank


Our back yard pond where, other than the piano and the pool, they spend all their time! 4 houses back up to the pond and we all share it. How lucky are we!



Yesterday they went fishing but ended up catching these 3 turtles(above). they were huge and the girls named them, Hissy fit because she kept hissing at them, Charlie because he bit Lilly's finger, and Captain hook because he had a fishing hook stuck in his mouth.



With so much time on their hands the kids seem to be finding absurd ways to amuse themselves and it is cracking me up. Here is the photo evidence.

I know......what the heck is that!!!! Yes, those are panties on her head. I could hear Elle and Ava laughing so hard they were crying and then they came in looking like this!

Other happenings were that Olivia chipped half of her tooth off while diving into her friends pool. This is the third time she has chipped her front tooth and they are both now cracked in three places. The Dentist repaired them but she will need a more complete repair after her braces. She is just full of a little too much gusto!

I love mentioning all the fun but we are also very very busy. As I say that I really can't write about it because it is too much for me to write so I will make that another post, this one will just be about all the summer fun!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I really wish we had a pond we could go catch critters in. We have to settle for a canal.
I bet you guys are loving the warmer weather. It looks so green and beautiful there.

leslie s said...

Ava is way to cute for her own good!! I love that picture! So excited to visit you sometime soon!