Thursday, June 5, 2008

I am officially BUGGED!


Ok this post is coming from absolute frustration. Let me take you back to last Friday to give you the picture. Last Friday Olivia asked me to make her a sandwich. I pulled out a Wal-Mart brand bag of rolls, cut one open and began spreading the mayo. As I was spreading I noticed a weird scratching sound, it sounded like the knife was scratching across glass. I stopped and started to tap the roll with the end of the knife and sure enough there baked into the roll was what looked like a piece of glass. I was shocked. It was securely still attached to the bread and obviously baked in the roll as it was only half sticking out. WOW. All I could think of was the hundreds of times my girls have just grabbed a roll and eaten it without opening it or putting anything on it. I had visions of Olivia's mouth cut and bleeding and it freaked me out. (I must add here that I can't tell for sure if it is glass.....I could be a very sharp hardended piece of plastic or some other hard substance, I just can't tell)


So in a panic I called the Wal-Mart bakery and asked for the manager. I told her what I found and she said "oh we don't make the dough here but we will be careful to look as we bake the other rolls, thanks for calling, Bye". I was shocked, I thought she was going to say "Oh my goodness, we need to check this out, can you bring the roll in, what type of roll was it?" Nope she didn't seem too worried. I was so bugged I called the store manager. I proceeded to tell him what I found in my roll and he kindly said "I am sorry mam, can you bring the roll to the store sometime when you are in?" I was so surprised at his lack of urgency. I then said "don't you think you should quickly call the warehouse where this dough came from and let them know?" He was just nonchalant about it and said something about checking things out and then hung up.....he didn't even ask for my name and number. So after about 10 min I called him back, "Sir, you didn't even ask for my name and number, don't you think that someone will want to call me so you can get this roll and figure out how glass got in it?" If you can believe it he said "No, I don't need it, I will get it when you come by next week".


Ok is it just me or wouldn't you expect them to move a little faster on this and with a little more urgency!!! As a mother who is sick about what could have happend had I not caught this I was so angry at his complete lack of caring so I called the 800- Wal-Mart customer service. She was very nice and said someone would be calling me and they would take care of this immediately. Well, it has now been a week and funny thing no one from Wal-Mart has called. I have called them back twice and they just said that it takes 5-7 days to have them respond to things. Am I missing something here? Sure, if I call to say that my rolls were moldy, fine take 5-7 days to call me back, but possibly GLASS IN THE ROLL!!!! Come on I would think that would be a fast track issue. Ok, I am done ranting and would love some ideas as to what any of you would do in this situation. I am going to bed very frustrated.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Wow! I am officially bugged, too! I have bought WalMart rolls many times and I don't want my family's soft tissues cut open either!

I am so glad you acted on this and if I were you I would NOT let them get away with their non-chalant attitude! Go public! Call the news! Post a website! Call the customer service number and tell them what actions you have and are taking to assure that the public is aware! This is my strong feeling to save others who may not be lucky enough to find the glass before they eat it!!

Thanks for sharing!
P.S. If you contact the news, don't forget to include a snapshot if you can! This really should be taken seriously!!

Take care!

Jen said...

That is REDICULOUS! You are not being dramatic at all. That is really scary. I totally understand that accidents happen in the best of circumstances, but their complete lack of response and care is really freaky! Keep us posted on the outcome.

Jen

Delise said...

We recently had a pedophile working at our local WalMart and the person who figured it out emailed everyone in our area that she knew about this, to be careful etc... and asked them to forward it on to as many others in our area as possible. It ended up that the guy was fired because of the community outrage. That might be an option for your circumstance that could be effective. Good luck! How frustrating and scary!

okbushmans said...

You should get KFOR's In Your Corner in on it! I think it is horrible. I would be irrate.