Friday, June 27, 2008

New perspective.

A friend of mine gave me the link to a blog of someone that she does not know but she was touched and inspired by it. I have also grown as I have read, cried, and been edified. It is a blog of a regular mother and family who, a couple of weeks ago, lost their little daughter. She drowned in their hot tub. I have been amazed at her strength but mostly amazed at how I have gained new perspective from reading it. The day I was given the link I was thinking it had been a hard day and Chris and I were a little weighed down. I read that days post where she listed how her idea of what hard is has changed drastically. She said "Hard was finding my daughter lifeless, hard was frantically doing CPR and praying with every breath, hard was turning off life support." I felt so ungrateful when I read that and realized that my hard was NOTHING. I am grateful that she is blogging her journey as it is edifying someone she doesn't know, in another state who needed her vantage point to grow and see things differently. What a blessing for me to rethink things and cherish my children with a new urgent love. I pray she will somehow, someday find great peace through this trial and I pray that I will go through mine, whatever they may be, with the same grace and dignity.
This is the link if you would like to be edified also. http://www.adailyscoop.blogspot.com/ .

4 comments:

leslie s said...

I have read this one too and I too am amazed at this womans strenght. I also feel like my "Hard" days take on new meaning...Not so hard!

okbushmans said...

I just finished reading most of her posts since the accident! I can't even comprehend that kind of hard.

Melissa said...

Thank you for sharing this link with me. I sat with tears streaming down my face for 1/2 hour today. What a strong family, centered in the gospel.

Sunshine said...

Gale, I still read it everyday. Everyday it renews my eternal perspective...