Thursday, November 8, 2007

Hmmm Something is Wrong With this Picture!!

Well, not exactly with the picture itself but what it represents.......that is that Chris leaves tomorrow for an 8 day sailing trip to the British Virgin Islands.......WITHOUT ME!!! Ok, I am really not mad but I must point out that he just got back from Cannes France, notice I said he, not we. I am fine, I won't be jealous as he scuba dives and kite boards while I rush the kids off to school. Nor will I be bothered when he is sailing between islands listening to his ipod in the sun as I cook dinner and mop and sweep the floors, and I will be especially happy for him as he eats scrumptious food at various local restaurants and diners while I am formatting new treatment packets and screeners for the show. Ha ha, do I sound bitter. No I really am not because I have planned for each of the girls to get a special night to sleep with me and have Mom and daughter time and we are just going to do girly things all week, movies, shopping, and fun. He is the one that needs to be worried.......about the checking account, hope there still is one when he gets back.
Actually Chris will be sailing the Blue blue waters with his Dad and brother and I am glad that they have bonding time. They will be sailing that boat on their own and charting their course so I hope he comes home in one piece. They are all experienced divers and wanna-be kite boarders so I am sure it will be a blast. I will miss him terribly. Tonight I told Chloe, I am just not as good at everything when Dad is not around. The rhythm of our whole life is just off with out him.

1 comment:

leslie s said...

That is so funny - I'm thinking this gives us serious ammo for a girls trip!! Let's make some plans ;)!