Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Getting ready to sell


I can't be the only one who hates moving. As we are trying to get our house ready to sell I just hate the whole process. I know how I am when I am looking at a house to buy, I evaluate every detail of the house and when I look at this house we have lived in for 9 years there will be some work to get it looking good enough that someone else will want to live in it. It is also sad to leave a house that we have loved, laughed, and had so many memories in. I get so sentimental about things but So much of our life has happened here. I look at each room and I have deep touching memories of quiet talks, tears, tickles and laughs, family home evenings, time spent plotting out our dreams and ambitions and just happy family life. See how I am??? I am going to weep like a baby when we leave. Don't get me wrong, our house is beautiful and we have kept it in good shape but I am picky and want it to look like new for the next owner. It will be a long process. I am sure we won't be moving for 3 or 4 months but we begin the process now. I am thankful for the great years that we have had here and I know that our new house will be a happy place for many more memories. It is all good!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Moving is a lot of work physically and mentally. I don't blame you for gearing up now. I had to just tell myself to do something little each day, mainly de-junking.
We can't wait to get your Christmas card. The kids watched your show again....I'll send it back soon. Your family did an amazing job on it...I am really impressed.

Jen said...

you have such a great blog! eventhough you may have ADD you still manage to accomplish amazing things! I love checking in. I'm sad you are moving, but if it's to Colorado, then that's alright!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

When did you decide to move? I love catching up with you thru this blog! We need to talk more! Please say your moving to KC....
love ya! Darci

okbushmans said...

You need to keep your word and stay in the ward! I don't know what we'd do without you! Definitely not as much! Good luck, I HATE moving as well.

Shawna said...

WHAT??? you didn't TELL me you were moving!! I am sad now :( Well ... at least there are such a thing as blogs :)