Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Everything has changed

Well, I can honestly say that the past few months have been a whirlwind for me.  I sat thinking tonight about how I am living a much different life now than I was last year at this time.....basically almost everything has changed.
It all began when we got the call that we had a daughter waiting to be picked up in China.   That in itself was a huge change to go from 4 to 5 children and then acclimating to this new little addition to our family but only weeks after bringing her home Chris had issues at work that were extremely negative so he made the  decision to look for a different job.  It was an emotional time as we maneuvered through a major career change as we got to know our new daughter.  Within 5 months of brining Eve home he had quit his job and taken employment with a new company in Colorado.  We have put our house up for sale and are now waiting for it to sell so that we can make the big move to Colorado which means that I am constantly trying to keep the house clean for showings.   The new job is a perfect fit for Chris and he is happy beyond belief but the new job has some travel, more travel than he has ever had.  This is a new thing for me as he has always been very accessible to me and such a great help and support.  Now I am holding down the fort alone for much of the time.

So here are the basics of what has happened in just 9 months
New addition to our family
Job change
Moving
Husband gone more often
Can't blog as much because I am tired (ha ha)

This is the good that has come out of these changes:
1.  Eve is the light and joy of our lives and we can't imagine life without her
2.  Chris finally has a job that he LOVES and he is so happy doing it.
3.  We are moving to Colorado where some of our dear friends live and we are much closer to family

Things that are hard about change:
1.  We are leaving a place that we have lived for 12 years, and leaving all our good friends that we will dearly miss.
2.  Chris is here less.
3.  So much change all at once can be very overwhelming

I am happy and excited about our future.  I know that everything that has happened is part of our path and is right for us.  I just can't wait until everything settles down a little.

6 comments:

leah jane said...

Oh what wonderful changes!! Chris's job sounds simply amazing! And we may just have to come visit you Brays once you are all settled in Colorado. I can't wait to see little Eve again.

Laurel said...

We can hardly wait for you to be closer!! Seriously, think of the fun we could have getting together.
We love and miss you all. Wish I was close enough to help you when Chris was out of town.

Angela said...

You will be in our prayers.

Shannon said...

We can't wait for you to be in Colorado!

Red Tent Artist said...

I can honestly say, with many of the same changes behind me, I am still waiting for things to calm down. You and your family are in my prayers.

Unknown said...

I have followed your blog for quite some time...I found it through a friend. I am amazed at your beautiful family. The addition of Eve is such a tender story.

I too feel your emotions over the last few months. We have been in AZ for over 11 years and are now facing a move. My husband is commuting each week to Utah for his new job. I can understand how you feel overwhelmed.

Through all of this we have had tender mercies along the way. I am sure you have too. Hang in there! Hug your darling girls and take one day at a time. Best of luck to you!