Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Reflections"

I have not posted in forever and there is so so so much to tell, but alas, I am way too tired tonight so I will just put on a song my daughter wrote called "Reflections". It makes me happy.

"Reflections"
I have watched the seasons change
from blue to green and pink to grey
and I still sing the same songs I sang yesterday
There are holidays and those hard days
i've seen hope and faith, failure and fate
I'm a different person than I was yesterday

Chorus:
And I have seen hard days and I took the time to pray
and I'm thinking isn't this life great
and I've walked down the street just to see who I'd meet
as the pavement kissed my bare feet as I walked to the beat.
whoa whoa ........

I've seen funerals and wedding rings
I've seen glad tidings that seasons bring
I've played in the snow as the earth looked clean
I have hoped and sang and prayed a little more
and girl scouts have come knocking at my door
I've grown to learn and learned to grow
from sunny days to winter snow

repeat chorus

I have watched the seasons change from blue to green and pink to grey
and I still sing the same songs I sang yesterday

7 comments:

Ashley said...

SO glad to see you posting again! I hope you all are just having a fabulous time enjoying that baby. Take care!

leslie s said...

Another great one! :)

Angela said...

Brought tears to my eyes. How beautiful! How proud it makes a mom!

katie said...

wow...this is awesome and a friend posted it on fb!!!

random and hope all is well with your family!

xoxo

leslie s said...

Oh, The more I listen to this one the more I love it.

katie said...

love this!!!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Beautiful! Just checking in for updates!