Thursday, October 1, 2009

I am Fall-ing in love!

There is no way to express the absolute giddy joy I get from this time of year. My husband is a summer guy, he wants all the sun he can possibly soak up but I am fall all the way. My spirit just seems to perk up as soon as I feel a little bit of crispness in the air. I feel a warm and gooey kind of joy when the smells of spices and pumpkin float carelessly around me in the form of lighted candles or something yummy I am cooking. I love stews and hearty soups, and I love squash. I wake up feeling so ready for the day and life is just a little more savory than it was before fall began. I can literally taste the feeling in the air. To me the months of October through December are a time of fun, family closeness, cozy blankets, good books, ahhmazing food, and lots of time spent together!

It also makes me a little more amorous than usual so my husband may start loving fall as much as me =).

8 comments:

Ashley said...

AAAAAMENNNNNNNNN!!!

Melissa said...

Wishing I could relate. We get excited about low 90s over here.

A Farmer's Wife said...

I've been catching up on reading your blog! Looks like you had a wonderful summer! We are busy here too so my blog may never be up to date!!! Nothing like Fall in Oklahoma...enjoy! We are already having hard freezes at night here...my garden is officially dead thanks to the freezes!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE fall as well - can't wait to go to the grocery store and buy pumpkins to put outside. Love the colors, love the smells!! Just wish it would last way longer - karly

Hege said...

Hey Gale...I've been checking back periodically to see if you have fixed your computer problem as I missed reading about you and your family. Glad to hear you are back up and running. Thanks for being such a good friend for that little glimpse of time we were in OK. Love to the kiddos and take care! Hege

Shawni said...

Oh man I LOVE fall too. I wish we got it here...I guess we sort of do in January and February, but it's nothing like what you guys get! Anyway, glad to find your blog.
Love, Shawni

leah jane said...

we're sad we missed you while you guys were here, and i am so excited to see pics of all the fun!

love to bingo all around said...

I love the photo you posted here..so tranquilizing. You may be a fall gal and your husband a summer guy, for sure you'll have a great time.