
I have been busy beyond belief. So blogging has fallen by the wayside and reading blogs is non existent. All those who's blogs I used to read, I will come back to you soon. Let me get through this crazy time and we will be friends again.
So in the few quiet moments I find I will try to grab a little of what I have missed so I have these memories....memorialized.
The summer was a blast. We had a fun houseboat lake trip with 3 other great families and loved every minute of it. Even the mosquito that flew into my ear and buzzed in my head all night....glad my Dr. friend was on board with his ear-looker thing to help me out!!
One of our best memories was our trip to Utah. We visited family and then spent a week at Aspen Grove with some new friends.
It is such a treasure to me to meet new people who make me want to be better. I feel so blessed when I rub shoulders with people that give me new perspective, make me think, and make my life richer. That was the group we went with to Aspen Grove. I only knew 2 of the 7 families that we went with and it was so much fun to get to know new friends. I call them friends because I know that I will keep in touch with many of them forever and how lucky I am for that. You can see in the pictures that my girls also made some life long friends of their own.









9 comments:
Oh my gosh Gale these photos are just amazing. You could use them on your Christmas cards! That's so awesome that you made some wonderful new friends this summer. I did too - it is the best!
And ps. inspired by your cards, we've hired a photographer to do some family shots for our christmas card this year. What? It's not close to Christmas yet? Well it is in my mind! ha!
pps And we're headed out on vacation tomorrow - Utah - can NOT wait!!!
This post cracked me up because I really don't follow too many blogs of people that I don't actually know. However, there are a few that I have found where I see things in other mom's that I want to learn from. You are one of them... and Shawni is another one! One of my girlfriends told me about Shawni's blog and I have been following hers for a few months (I still have yet to tell her). So when I saw the two of you in Aspen Grove together I automatically thought that you two must be friends or relatives and it cracked me up to think of what a small world it really is. THEN to read that you did not even know her (or maybe she was one of the two, but if not... then that really does cracked me up)!
Thanks for being great! Your family is adorable and I love that you are such an awesome mom and so involved! I also got such a kick out of the lemonade stand! A summer those girls will never forget!
Christy, I have missed you...why are you going to Utah? do you have friends or family there? I need the scoop?
Sarah, I actually met or reconnected with everyone on that Aspen Grove trip through blogs. What a small world blogs create. I feel blessed to have found these friends and none of it would have been possible without our blogs and no, I didn't know Shawni before that trip. She is such a sweetheart. I peeked over at yours and you have such a beautiful family....lucky you!
Wow! It looks like you guys had a blast! I actually also read Shawni's blog! Small world, indeed. I have known "of" Shawni for a long time. Years ago I joined her parents "valuesparenting.com" site. Great stuff, by the way. They are truly an awesome family. It was so funny, though, to see that picture and immediately see you and Shawni. I thought "who knew?". I'm glad you're back to blogging, and one of these days we ARE going to come back to Ok. and meet you guys!!
I love the "musketeers" pictures. Adorable!
Good to know your back blogging. I have taken a big long break also.
What a great time we all had and I am glad your family made the effort to come and then just blended in so great with everyone.
Great pics! There were a few I haven't seen yet.
Hey Gale, I have blog stalked you for a little while now! :) I found your site from Lori A's blog (she is a dear friend from High School). I finally commented because I too have read Shawni's blog (Lori's sis Lisa actually turned me on to it-they are friends in AZ). As if that weren't enough, I recognize another girl from your group (Taylor S.) as I have met her several times at the home of my nieces in AZ (they are 13ish). It was blowing my mind a little bit but I enjoy knowing that it really is a small world.
All kooky connections aside, I wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. It makes me happy to know that there are terrific parents trying to raise good families! Thank you!
glad to see you blogging again, gale!
looks like you had an amazing summer and your family is just crazy beautiful!!
Nice to know you had great moments in your summer. Your family looks lovely and the shots are all candid. . so amazingly taken. They could really tell a lot of words and a lot of memories for you to cherish
Post a Comment