Thursday, September 17, 2009

Friday Night Lights!


Football is everything in this town. High school football is nothing like what I remember when I was young. Our games were played on our small highschool field with hard rickety bleachers to sit on.

Games here are played at the college stadium and that place is packed to overflowing. The stadium lights and atmosphere are reminiscent of a big college or pro game and everyone seems very serious about the experience.

Now that Chloe is on the pom squad we will be attending all the games and to be honest, we have had the time of our lives. I am really enjoying the games and connecting with the community. I love that we live in an area that feels so small town. The faces all around are familiar and between raucous cheering and heartfelt screams we talk and connect with all the parents. There is a strong community connection that happens at a football game, this is where we come together in rutual support of our kids, our school, pride and community bonding. It is such a treat for our family and I love every minute of it.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Gale I'm so glad you all are having fun with the football games. It was huge where I grew up too - that's what we did every Friday night! Loved it!

srbushman said...

How fun! We'd love to go to a high school game. They are crazy here!

bingo lover said...

Good to know you live in a peaceful neighborhood. This reminds me of Desperate housewives..they know all the people in their community. So nice to know that as parents we support our children's activities.