Monday, March 14, 2011

Nineteen

So this April Chris and I will celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary.  It has honestly been nineteen amazing years and I love him more now than I thought possible.  I feel so lucky that my husband is my best friend.  The other day Chloe (who has never been in love) was asking me about my feelings as she wanted to write a song about it.  Here is what she came up with.  This song is so sweet and tender and describes Chris and I in the early years perfectly!!  I am so blessed to have daughters who write music and can express such beautiful things through song.

"Nineteen"  
written by Chloe Bray

My love, my love, my love, my love
We've been through a lot my darling
Now before your eyes get wet and teary
as well as mine, so tired and weary
Just move a little closer near me

And I know our place is kinda small
we can barely pay the rent
So much love and money spent
and all your promises you've kept

Chorus:
And you said "Someday I'll take you over seas,
we'll travel the world, just you and me
we can go anywhere you please"
and I said "now it's my turn to speak,
As a girl I wished and as a girl I dreamed of something
half as good as you and me, and it seems
I make you happy, and you do the same for me
We make each other happy"

Our I love you's have so much meaning
and our first kiss your hands were trembling
but I thought it was kinda charming
and you were nervous to put your arm around me
and I know our place is kind of small
but our love can pay the rent
around you I feel so vulnerable
and I love every moment of it

when you say.....Repeat Chorus

I remember you whispered in my ear
and your words were so sincere
you said "I find happiness with you here"
as you brushed the hair behind my ear
and I know our place is kind of small
We can barely pay the rent
so much love and money spent
and all your promises you kept
the nights you worked, the nights I slept
and worries from my mind you swept
and you'd say.....

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Gorgeous. How touching to have your daughter write a song about her parents in love. Happy anniversary!

leah jane said...

So sweet! I miss you and your girls and so wish you lived closer. Or we lived closer. Either way! :)

Anonymous said...

Would your girls be interested in meeting with a talent agency? I found your blog blog hopping from a family members, and I own a modeling & acting agency for kids and young adults. We are opening a music expansion in the next few months. We would love to start them off.

We'll contact you via YouTube.